- matthew a. mauro, md,facr, the ernest h. wood distinguished professor of radiology and surgery;chairman, department of radiology, chief of interventional radiology, university of north carolina school of medicine, chapel hill, north carolina
- kieran p.j. murphy, md, frcpc, fsir, vice chair and director of research, professor of neurointerventional radiology, department of medical imaging, university of toronto faculty of medicine, toronto, ontario, canada
- kenneth r. thomson, md, franzcr, professor of radiology, monash university faculty of medicine, nursing, and health sciences, director, radiology department, alfred hospital, melbourne, victoria, australia
- anthony c. venbrux, md, director, cardiovascular and interventional radiology, george washington university school of medicine and health sciences, washington, dc
- robert a. morgan, mbchb, mrcp, frcr, ebir, consultant, vascular and interventional radiologist, radiology department, st. george’s nhs trust, london, united kingdom
image-guided interventions, a title in the expert radiology series, brings you in-depth and advanced guidance on all of today’s imaging and procedural techniques. whether you are a seasoned interventionalist or trainee, this single-volume medical reference book offers the up-to-the-minute therapeutic methods necessary to help you formulate the best treatment strategies for your patients. the combined knowledge of radiology experts from around the globe provides a broad range of treatment options and perspectives, equipping you to avoid complications and put today’s best approaches to work in your practice.
new to this edition
- make optimal use of the latest interventional radiology techniques with new chapters covering ablation involving microwave and irreversible electroporation; aortic endografts with fenestrated grafts and branch fenestrations; thoracic endografting (tevar); catheter-based cancer therapies involving drug-eluting beads; sacroiliac joint injections; bipedal lymphangiography; pediatric gastrostomy and gastrojejunostomy; and peripartum hemorrhage.
- know what to look for and how to proceed with the aid of over 2,650 state-of-the-art images demonstrating interventional procedures, in addition to full-color illustrations emphasizing key anatomical structures and landmarks.
- quickly reference the information you need through a functional organization highlighting indications and contraindications for interventional procedures, as well as tables listing the materials and instruments required for each.
- access the fully searchable contents, online-only material, and all of the images online at expert consult.
- formulate the best treatment plans for your patients with step-by-step instructions on important therapeutic radiology techniques, as well as discussions on equipment, contrast agents, pharmacologic agents, antiplatelet agents, and protocols.
- make effective clinical decisions with the help of detailed protocols, classic signs, algorithms, and sir guidelines.