the imaging quality achievable in mr imaging today was inconceivable just a few years ago. no other subdiscipline has evolved so swiftly while placing ever-greater emphasis on fast and accurate results. this book is intended as an indispensable tool at the workplace, as reference for image interpretation, and even for fast orientation during the examination. adjunct information is provided that fosters the dialogue with referring physicians: for most diseases and conditions there are summaries of epidemiology, clinical findings, pathogenesis and pathophysiology, as well as basic therapy concepts.
- a fast-reference guide, even in tricky cases-differential diagnosis made easy, with high clinical relevance
- tips for organizing examinations
- reference images for comparison with actual images
- a reference book for looking up equivocal findings
- more than 1,300 vivid, high-resolution images from the latest generation of scanners
- coverage of peripheral nervous system diseases and mr neurography
- answers to questions such as:
- what technique is best for answering a specific question
- what does normal anatomy look like, and what landmarks should be sought
- which differential diagnoses should i consider
- what are the optimal equipment settings at my workplace
- what therapeutic options does interventional radiology provide
for all radiologists in hospital or office settings, also for neurologists and neurosurgeons.
this step-by-step instruction manual with videos introduces a spectrum of osteopathic manipulative techniques incorporating principles of psychomotor learning that enable optimal skill acquisition during both independent and supervised practice. introductory chapters contain historical and essential concepts for performing osteopathic manipulative techniques including somatic dysfunction diagnosis. each technique chapter includes pertinent background and summary concepts, key features of somatic dysfunction diagnosis, an end-goal focus for performing the technique, relevant anatomic image(s), and performance steps to foster knowledge retention.
- online access to 160 technique video demonstrations
- high quality illustrations that reinforce anatomy
- psychomotor skills learning and assessment strategies
- nearly 100 self-study/review questions in multiple choice format, also accessible via winkingskull.com
this evidence-based manual for learning manipulation treatment is the must-have tool for all osteopathic medical students and residents.
the highly complex specialty of brainstem surgery requires many years of study, a focus on precision, and a passionate dedication to excellence to prepare the neurosurgeon for navigating significant anatomic challenges. although the brainstem is technically surgically accessible, its highly eloquent structure demands rigorous surgical decision-making. an in-depth understanding of brainstem and thalamic anatomy and the safe entry zones used to access critical areas of the brainstem is essential to traversing the brainstem safely and successfully.
this remarkable, one-of-a-kind atlas draws on the senior author’s decades of experience performing more than 1,000 surgeries on the brainstem, thalamus, basal ganglia, and surrounding areas. its content is organized by anatomic region, enabling readers to study separate subdivisions of the brainstem, each of which has its own unique anatomic and surgical considerations. from cover to cover, the atlas provides readers with technical guidance on approach selection, the timing of surgery, and optimization of outcomes-elucidated by more than 1700 remarkable color illustrations, dissections, clinical images, and line drawings.
- beautifully detailed, highly sophisticated brain slices and dissections by kaan yagmurlu, who trained under the internationally renowned neuroanatomist and neurosurgeon albert rhoton jr.
- color illustrations clearly labeled with callouts and other indicators of foci of interest delineate multiple safe entry zones to the brainstem
- more than 50 detailed patient cases highlight each patient’s history of previous neurological disorders, presenting symptoms, preoperative imaging, diagnosis, the planned surgical approach, patient positioning, intraoperative and postoperative imaging, and outcome
- seven animations and more than 50 surgical videos elucidate approach selection, anatomy, and surgical outcomes of thalamic region and brainstem lesions
this illuminating atlas provides insights into the complexities of the hallowed halls of the brainstem. neurosurgeons and neurosurgical residents alike who glean knowledge from the clinical pearls throughout each section will no doubt become more adept surgeons, to the ultimate benefit of their patients.
the second edition of this detailed guide to the diagnosis and treatment of common plastic surgery emergencies includes updated clinical information on the most common emergency situations. this book gives first-year plastic surgery residents the basic skills they need to progress in their training and ultimately be successful in their practice.
key features of the second edition:
- new chapter covering sternal wounds
- easy-to-follow color diagrams demonstrating key procedures and full-color photographs for rapid diagnosis
plastic surgery emergencies is an indispensable resource for clinicians, residents, and trainees in plastic surgery. it is also ideal for all emergency room personnel, including er physicians, physicians’ assistants, and nurse practitioners, as well as family practice physicians.
ear, nose, and throat diseases present and progress very differently in children than in adults, needing different diagnostic and treatment strategies. training in the subspecialty of pediatric otolaryngology is often part of a general ent program and not a program in itself. as such, the general otolaryngologist may be insufficiently prepared to handle certain pediatric cases.
r. w. clarke’s pediatric otolaryngology: practical clinical management aims to provide the pediatric ent resident or fellow, as well as the general ent practitioner, with sound clinical guidance on ent pathologies as they affect the pediatric population.
- fully describes the characteristics of ent diseases in children, as opposed to only describing how the disorders differ from their presentations in adults
- international cast of expert contributors
- practice based, for the clinician
- comprehensive accounts of hearing loss in children, often poorly covered in standard texts
- text boxes orient the reader to “danger signs,” “top tips” in surgery, advice regarding potential complications, situations that need urgent referral, and medicolegal pitfalls
pediatric otolaryngology is an essential reference of this important subspecialty for ent doctors in practice, as well as in preparation for board examinations.
internationally renowned authorities in the field of hybrid imaging contribute firsthand expertise on the practical application of single-photon emission computed tomography (spect) and spect/ct. by combining clear anatomic markers from ct with functional knowledge from spect, spect/ct provides added value for patient evaluation and is becoming increasingly prevalent in routine clinical practice. indeed, hybrid imaging is touted by many as a game changer in nuclear medicine.
the first two chapters of this book provide a foundation for understanding spect and spect/ct technological principles, including the associated radiopharmaceuticals. the remaining chapters detail the utility of spect and spect/ct in clinical practice including neuroscience and pediatrics, as well as specific pathologies. the book concludes with in-depth discussion of select case studies.
- efficacious use of spect and spect/ct for primary body systems, including the central nervous, cardiovascular, respiratory, and skeletal systems
- value for the assessment of neoplastic disease, infection/inflammation, thyroid and parathyroid gland disorders
- fourteen high-quality videos delineate specific techniques and clinical applications
- meticulous, four-color graphics clearly elucidate key concepts
- illustrative case studies offer educational teaching pearls
together, the concise, evidence-based text and wealth of spect/ct images deliver a solid knowledge base, enabling practitioners to learn the effective use of this technology. this must-have book is certain to be an invaluable resource for a diverse spectrum of practicing and trainee clinicians in fields such as radiology, nuclear medicine, and radiation oncology.
with unmatched accuracy, quality, and clarity, the atlas of anatomy is now fully revised and updated.
atlas of anatomy, third edition, is the highest quality anatomy atlas available today. with over 1,900 exquisitely detailed illustrations, the atlas helps you master the details of human anatomy.
- labels and anatomic terminology are in latin nomenclature
- new! sectional and radiographic anatomy chapter for each body region
- new! radiologic images help you connect the anatomy lab to clinical knowledge and practice
- new! pelvis and perineum section enhanced and improved making it easier to comprehend one of the most complex anatomic regions
- new! section on brain and nervous system focuses on gross anatomy of the peripheral and autonomic nervous systems as well as the brain and central nervous system
- also included in this new edition:
- more than 170 tables summarize key details making them easier to reference and retain
- muscle fact spreads provide origin, insertion, innervation, and action
- an innovative, user-friendly format: every topic covered in two side by side pages
- access to winkingskull.com plus, with all images from the book for labels-on and labels-off review and timed self-tests for exam preparation
state-of-the-art book provides hands-on guidance on the latest endothelial keratoplasty techniques
a significant number of eye disorders result from deficiencies in the endothelial layer of the cornea. endothelial keratoplasty (ek) helps spare patients from months of refractive adjustments, lengthy recovery, complications, and poor outcomes associated with full-thickness penetrating keratoplasty. this newer methodology is based on more selective transplantation of cells and is less invasive, resulting in quicker recovery and more efficacious outcomes.
contributors are world-renowned pioneers who are front and center in implementing innovative, sight-restoring techniques that continue to change the ophthalmic surgery landscape. in the first section, a solid foundation is laid with discussion of anatomy, the history of ek, clinical aspects of endothelial cell dysfunction, and clinico-pathology. subsequent sections cover surgical procedures, special topics, surgical outcomes, complications, and future trends. readers will gain invaluable insights from clinical pearls throughout the book, gleaned from hands-on experience by leading experts in the field of ocular surgery.
- a large compendium of high-quality videos demonstrate cutting-edge approaches
- richly illustrated with 400 images that further delineate anatomy and techniques
- anterior segment surgery advances including descemet’s stripping endothelial keratoplasty (dsek), predescemet’s endothelial keratoplasty (pdek), ultrathin dsek, descemet’s membrane endothelial keratoplasty (dmek), and trocar anterior chamber maintainer
- treatment of conditions such as pseudophakic bullous keratopathy and fuchs’ dystrophy
- management of complicated cases including glued iol, cataract extraction & iol implantation, glaucoma, failed grafts, and scarred corneas
this book is a stellar resource on the surgical management of patients with corneal disease. it will benefit both trainees and practicing ophthalmologists – and is a must-have for specialists who perform corneal surgery.
with the continuing evolution of endoscopic techniques for surgery of lesions of the paranasal sinuses and skull base, and the reduced morbidity associated with this minimally invasive modality, the method has gained widespread use in recent years. this work offers a thorough review of all endoscopic approaches for access to the nose and paranasal sinuses and, through them, to the skull base. central to this guide is the emphasis on profound knowledge of the complex anatomy in this area, as well as the many vital structures that can be endangered there. to this end, more than 900 full-color images, most photographs from cadaver dissections, are put to brilliant use.
- internationally renowned specialists and pioneers from europe and the united states as editors and contributors
- full-color photos from fresh cadaver dissections illustrate all steps for each approach
- specific anatomic landmarks as revealed during each step are detailed, providing confidence in spatial orientation
- correlative ct sections provide crucial additional information
- risks and potential complications are included, as well as methods to reduce them
endoscopic approaches to the paranasal sinuses and skull base is intended as an indispensable guide for residents, fellows, and specialist surgeons in otolaryngology, neurosurgery, and skull base surgery.
authored by renowned uefa specialists in the medical care of football players, this three-volume series-sourced from the course materials used in uefa’s football doctor education program-aims to familiarize clinicians with a structured system of assessment and care in dealing with the wide variety of injuries that can afflict professional footballers. volume 2 introduces football doctors to the specific types of injuries that may occur, and the mechanisms of injury, with a wealth of information supported by scientific evidence.
key topics of volume 2:
- overview of football injuries
- managing injuries in competitive situations: the laws of the game
- muscle function and mechanisms of muscle injury
- examination and treatment of muscle injuries
- groin, knee, and ankle injuries
- overuse injuries
the encyclopedia of football medicine will be essential reading for physicians working for football teams, orthopaedists, sports medicine physicians, and specialised physical therapists.
few if any medical fields share the complexity of injuries and the number of available treatments that exist in orthopaedic trauma. deciding on the most efficacious treatment can often be difficult. in this digital age with a tsunami of medical information and conflicting data on numerous approaches, practitioners who treat orthopaedic trauma often find it problematic to make “evidence-based” choices.
decision making in orthopaedic trauma is the largest compendium of orthopaedic trauma algorithms assembled to date. the decision trees cover a broad spectrum of cases – from simple isolated fractures – to severe, life-threatening conditions. the decisions on which action to perform in each situation are largely based on the personal experiences of the individual authors, all members of the university of california, san francisco (ucsf) / zuckerberg san francisco general (zsfg) orthopaedic trauma institute. when the decisions are supported by published scientific literature, the relevant publications are cited.
visually appealing, easy-to-comprehend decision trees detail underlying pathologies, suspected diagnoses, required imaging studies, possible treatment approaches, rehabilitation, expected outcomes, and postsurgical care. the format is more conducive to swiftly acquiring knowledge and making informed decisions than traditional texts and websites.
- management of a wide range of emergencies including compartment syndrome, open fractures, peripheral nerve injuries, mangled extremities, and multiple trauma
- perioperative care – from acute and chronic pain management – to venous thromboembolism prevention and the use of regional anesthesia
- major sections organized by anatomic region cover upper extremity, lower extremity, pelvic, hip, and spine trauma
- clinical pearls on the management of osteoporotic, neoplastic, and periprosthetic fractures and fracture complications
- impacted anatomy, differential diagnoses, and possible approaches visualized through high-quality color illustrations and radiographs
- consistent color scheme differentiates actions, imaging, and rehabilitation guidelines
- appendices provide a quick reference on imaging, bracing, and rehabilitation recommendations
this uniquely formatted, visually rich book will enable surgeons, physicians, and residents to understand and apply critical decisions to a wide range of fractures, dislocations, nerve injuries, and musculoskeletal complications.
jeffrey r. marcus
martin i. boyer
subperiosteal, extended sub-smas, deep plane, and composite rhytidectomy are all names that have been used to describe the current, more extensive operations for facial rejuvenation. although these procedures provide superior results, they also involve deeper dissections with the potential for injury to the facial nerves. in order to avoid injury to these nerves, a thorough understanding of their locations is crucial for surgeons performing these operations.
facial danger zones, 2nd edition, by dr. brooke seckel, provides the key to safety in these procedures. drawing on his expertise in neurology and plastic surgery, dr. seckel has created a practical and beautifully illustrated color atlas to alert surgeons to the facial danger zones encountered in these deep plane face lifts. divided into seven major facial danger zones, this clinical atlas takes each zone and graphically demonstrates the nerve and consequence of injury, the anatomic borders of each facial danger zone, and the techniques for safe surgical dissection.
if you are performing, or preparing for, the more extensive face-lift procedures, this book will help you avoid the surgical complications of facial nerve damage. it is a must for every plastic surgeon performing face lifts or any facial procedure.
authored by renowned uefa medical specialists in the medical care of football players, this three-volume series-sourced from the course materials used in uefa’s doctor education program-aims to familiarize clinicians with a structured system of assessment and care in dealing with the wide variety of injuries that can afflict professional footballers. volume 1 instructs on advanced techniques for managing the treatment of serious and life-threatening on-field injury.
key topics of volume 1:
- initial assessment
- cardiac arrest and choking
- medical emergencies
- head injuries and concussion
- general management
the encyclopedia of football medicine will be essential reading for physicians working for football teams, orthopaedists, sports medicine physicians, and specialized physical therapists.
phacoemulsification, the gold standard for cataract extraction, is highly successful. however, the procedure is not without risks and complications. poor visual outcome, retinal detachment, infection, diplopia, and cornea and iris problems may pose considerable challenges. additional potential problems arise from implanting the intraocular lens (iol).
edited by a renowned master surgeon and educator in the field, and authored by a remarkable cast of cataract experts, this is the definitive text on managing cataract surgery, with practical guidance on recognizing and managing complications, should they arise. experts demonstrate the right way to perform phacoemulsification and diverse surgical and intraocular lens implantation procedures in order to reduce risk and improve patient outcome.
this second edition is greatly expanded in size and scope to accommodate the latest state-of-the-art methodologies and refinements in surgical strategies. since the first edition was published, new techniques for refractive cataract surgery, vitrectomy, iol exchange, and management of iol implantation without capsular bag support have been improved. additionally, new technologies have been introduced such as optical coherence tomography, flacs (femtosecond laser surgery), and implantation of toric and multifocal refractive iols, as well as methods to improve iol power calculation and decision making.
richard e. kirschner
this succinct, pocket-sized audiology guide will greatly benefit otolaryngology residents with demanding schedules who often struggle preparing for and mastering the challenging audiology component of the board exam. the reader-friendly format also provides a quick, go-to reference for ent practitioners.show more
written by pioneering, world renowned flap surgeons, this is the quintessential manual on the use of reconstructive flaps – with detailed, easy-to-follow instructions. overview chapters on each major anatomical area provide a general approach to reconstruction, with detailed tutorials on workhorse flaps in the a to z section. the didactic text is enhanced with high quality operative photographs, illustrations, and videos, resulting in a resource that enables integration of these techniques into surgical practice.
- progressive intraoperative photos and superb illustrations guide the reader through safe and efficacious flap approaches
- planning and decision-making chapters cover basic principles, microsurgery, imaging, and an overview of current options
- flaps section details the multivariate usages of microsurgical flaps, pedicled flaps, perforator flaps, and more
- videos focus on the anatomy and basic principles of technique for a range of common flaps further delineating and simplifying flap surgery for the practitioner
- the masterclasses section is packed with state of the art innovations, personal experience, and insights on managing challenging reconstructions
this book is a stellar, step-by-step guide on the reconstruction of most anatomical defects using clinically proven flaps. it is an essential reference for practicing and trainee surgeons in general and specialized surgical disciplines. plastic and reconstructive, trauma/burn, orthopaedic, otolaryngology-head and neck, and maxillofacial surgeons will greatly benefit from this comprehensive resource.
the second edition of this practical guide provides a thorough introduction to the essential concepts of clinical neurology. coverage includes history-taking; the neurological examination and ancillary tests; topical diagnosis and differential diagnosis of typical syndromes; the diseases of the central nervous system, peripheral nerves, autonomic nervous system, and muscles; epilepsy; and inflammatory diseases such as multiple sclerosis. central to the book are the lucid structuring of complex contents allowing efficient learning, even without prior knowledge of the subject; and the vital link between theory and clinical practice, with essential information on history-taking, the clinical examination, and additional tests, all supported by informative graphics and appropriate computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging studies. key features: * complete revision of contents and an enhanced layout from the first edition* brilliant format and structure, making the assimilation of complex information easy and efficient* clear color illustrations and graphics, many new or revised for the second edition* comprehensive tables expand and organize information on many topics* vast clinical experience of two highly respected university teachers fundamentals of neurology: an illustrated guide, second edition, is the ideal introduction to clinical neurology for medical students, physical therapists, and other professionals involved in patient care.
a rare form of cancer, chordomas are among the most difficult tumors to treat, requiring highly specialized training and surgical expertise. although generally slow-growing, chordomas present resection challenges due to their proximity to critical structures including the spinal cord, brainstem, nerves, and arteries. written by an impressive cadre of internationally-renowned experts, this textbook is the most current, concise, and definitive resource on diagnosis and management of this complex pathology.
acclaimed surgeons from brazil, canada, japan, turkey, the usa, and the uk are contributors. the book starts with a historical overview, epidemiology, molecular pathogenesis, cytogenetics, local invasion and metastasis, and pathology. a thorough discussion covers diagnostic radiological and radionuclide imaging such as mri, pet; spect, pet-ct, and pet-mri, and clinical traits of skull base and spinal chordomas as defined by imaging modalities. subsequent chapters explore decision making including selecting the most optimal techniques, surgical procedures, specialized topics, and new horizons in chordoma treatment.
- anterior and anterolateral approaches to the clivus
- the use of endoscopy and intraoperative assistive technologies
- midline subfrontal, middle fossa, extended petrosal, and transcondylar approaches
- craniospinal fusion techniques following resection
- surgery for spinal chordomas from the cervical to the sacral region
- special topics such as radiation, proton beam therapy, gamma-knife radiosurgery, and pediatric chordomas and chondrosarcomas
this is an essential text for neurosurgeons, orthopedic spine surgeons, otolaryngologists, and radiation oncologists. read and learn from innovators who have mastered the latest state-of-the-art treatment methodologies for chordomas.
rhinoplasty is one of the most challenging operations in aesthetic plastic surgery. not only is it technically difficult as no two noses are the same, surgical decision making plays an absolutely critical part. unpredictable post-operative healing, natural facial asymmetry, and high patient expectations lead to a high incidence of secondary (revision) operations. with contributions from a truly outstanding, international list of experts, this two-volume set covers operative principles and includes the personal techniques of nearly 50 experts. the books are liberally illustrated with color photos and artwork. also included are the e-book version, as well as 13 hours of surgical video, presented in 120 tightly-edited clips and showcasing 30 full procedures.
written by a who’s who of renowned spine surgeons, the third edition of neurosurgical atlas: spine and peripheral nerves provides a detailed tutorial on the latest surgical procedures. the three comprehensive spine sections cover decompression modalities followed by fusion/instrumentation and fixation. rounding out these sections are special topics such as vascular malformations in the spinal cord, stereotactic radiosurgery in the thoracic spine, and lumboperitoneal shunting. the peripheral nerves section includes treatment of conditions including carpal tunnel, brachial plexus, meralgia paresthetica, and cervical nerve root avulsion.
throughout the book, the authors provide minimally invasive options and clinical pearls on patient selection, preoperative preparation, anesthesia, operative positioning, surgical methodologies, patient monitoring, and common complications.
- anterior, posterior, transoral, and lateral approaches to the craniocervical junction, subaxial cervical spine; and operations specific to the cervicothoracic junction
- thoracic spine techniques for burst fractures, vertebral body metastasis, penetrating spine wounds, tumors, etc.
- lumbosacral spine approaches for herniation, degenerative disease with multiplanar deformity, spondylolisthesis, and more
- close to 700 illustrations and color photographs elucidate key concepts
- superb videos demonstrate hands-on techniques
this book is a must-have reference for neurosurgery residents seeking in-depth knowledge of spine and peripheral nerve procedures prior to scheduled cases. it will also benefit veteran neurosurgeons looking for clinical insights on infrequently performed surgeries.
modern medicine suggests omnipotence and an image of life as something that can be perfected at any time. yet our view of things changes when disease throws us into an existential crisis. then we seek human answers and feel misunderstood and abandoned in the system of modern medicine.
professor giovanni maio, the eloquent advocate of a new culture of medicine, poses fundamental questions in this book that no one can really avoid: where are the promises of reproductive and transplantation medicine leading us to what extent can health be made, and to what extent is it a gift does “prettier, better, stronger” promise us greater happiness why is the question of organ donation more difficult than is suggested to us does being old have its own intrinsic value how can we acquire an attitude towards dying that does not leave us feeling powerless
giovanni maio’s profound plea for an ethics of prudence opens up hitherto unknown perspectives. in this way we could free ourselves from the belief in perfection and find our way to a new serenity as a condition for a good life.
neurosonology is a first-line modality in the diagnosis and management of cerebrovascular disease and especially of stroke. in this new edition of neurosonology and neuroimaging of stroke, this noninvasive, realtime imaging method has been given expanded coverage, particularly for its clinical utility.
as in the first edition, the new edition offers both a clear overview of the principles of neurosonology and a casebook exploring critical cerebrovascular problems. ultrasound anatomy, technical aspects of clinical application, and the advantages and limitations of ultrasound are reviewed and contrasted to conventional, magnetic resonance, and computed tomography angiography. forty-five selected cases from the authors’ extensive collections at charite – universitatsmedizin berlin and the center of neurology in bad segeberg, germany, are then discussed. the patient histories and working diagnoses are followed by detailed assessments of the extra- and intracranial color-coded duplex sonographic findings and additional diagnostic procedures. the relevant clinical aspects are presented in a compact, comprehensible way, and for the majority of the cases videos are available in the thieme mediacenter, providing further in-depth understanding of the full potential of the method.
- complete extra- and intracranial arterial and venous ultrasound examination
- new techniques: ultrasound fusion imaging, ultrafast ultrasound, contrast application
- more than 1,300 high-quality illustrations, including full-color duplex images
- fifteen newly selected cases on conditions such as subarachnoid hemorrhage and dural fistula, as well as rare stroke causes including sickle cell disease and reversible cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome
- revision of many cases from the first edition
- more than 60 new video clips (for a total of 130) available at the thieme mediacenter, bringing ultrasound anatomy and challenging cases to your monitor!
neurosonology and neuroimaging of stroke, second edition, offers neurologists, neuroradiologists, and all physicians treating patients with cerebrovascular disease an authoritative introduction and guide to this powerful diagnostic tool.
this robust study guide is ideal for american board of radiology (abr) exam preparation, mirroring the syllabus in the new noninterpretive skills (nis) module for the core, certifying, and maintenance of certification exams. skilled radiologists with nis expertise provide boardtype questions and high-yield pearls on why the keys to a successful radiology practice involve more than “just reading ’em right.”
the abr safeguards the public through careful licensing of radiologists who demonstrate the highest commitment to competence, professionalism, and safety. the nis module was created in response to the fact that radiologists tend to be primarily diagnosis-oriented, but also need to master other important skills to attain and maintain excellence as practitioners.
- included are a wide range of high-yield questions with detailed answers.
- patient safety, radiation safety, effective patient communication, error prevention, quality improvement, contrast reaction management, mri contraindications, and more, are all discussed.
- the business of radiology: professionalism, best practices, key performance measures, malpractice, ethics, critical thinking, and more, are explained.
- six sigma and lean-highly regarded improvement methodologies-are discussed in cogent,easily relatable language.
- abundant memory aids in the form of mnemonics and tips are interfused throughout the text.
the reader-friendly text and tips format, coupled with the well-written q & a format, enable proficient learning of a large depth and breadth of material. radiology residents who utilize this rigorous abr exam prep will gain the confidence to attain top scores on the nis portion of the boards. this book is also an essential resource for established radiologists preparing for the moc exam.